4.05.2008

watercolor sketches - 2008

These are 2 watercolors that I made while in venezuela this past january. I thank the gods of rum and coke for preventing me from feeling the 50+ mosquito bites I suffered in the process (see previous post).

:-)

a horsebarn



mountainview




I can't say i am really enjoying watercolors over oils - I am so messy with them - but it's the only way i get to work non-computer-wise anymore. I am only getting to paint every year or so... I think it would get better with practice. :-)

The last ones I made two years ago both won awards at the Providence Art Club, which surprised me. I don't think I ever posted them here as my dad had his stroke that year. Will post them soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eric, I am glad that you finally posted these. Nice job. You should break out the paints more often.

    I guess it has been a while since I checked on your blog. It is good to see that photo of you RISD guys in that post about Bill.

    ReplyDelete