8.26.2005

the big apple


More Photos: New PHOTO GALLERY | Old PHOTO GALLERY

VIDEO CLIP! (August 3,2005)


Well it's been a while since I've posted and the hurricane and our governments lame response to it has sapped most of my energy. It sickens me to realize how utterly helpless we really are. How unprepared we are as a nation to cope with this sort of emergency. How thoughtless the people in charge truly are. How the emperor slept while Rome burned.

Martha and I are lucky that we were not in New Orleans as we were last year, check out our photos of what was a remarkable city. Maybe they will rebuild it and Nicolas will be able to see it someday.

ON A HAPPIER NOTE -- we spent those last few days of Martha's sister Mabe's visit getting some good things in. His first day on the beach and his first trip to NYC. We even went to the Apple store (see above) where Nicolas selected his first Mac and Ipod. I told him if he is reeeaaallly good for 10 years then I will consider it.

He's beginning to make new sounds this week -figuring out how to use his tongue. We have to raise the bar on the crib now as he has attempted escape too many times now. I am going to be babyproofing very soon i suspect.
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment